Kirpputori
Katso äkkilähdöt!
  Etusivu -> Elokuvat, musiikki ja pelit -> They both also are fighting history
Kirjoittaja Viesti
amachhfa

LähetäLähetetty: Ke Lok 26, 2016 8:45 pm    Viestin aihe: They both also are fighting history Vastaa lainaamalla viestiä

Coming soon to the St. Louis sports scene TD Ameritrade Center.

The announcement that brokerage firm Scottrade is being bought by TD Ameritrade will lead to the inevitable renaming of the Blues’ home building, which has been Scottrade Center since 2006.

Before that, it was Savvis Center and before that, its original name was Kiel Center.

Expectations are the change would happen in 2017, after the 4 billion deal is finalized.

The naming rights deal goes through 2021.

HITCHCOCK ROOTING FOR CUBS, MADDON
It’s easy to see similarities between Blues coach Ken Hitchcock and Cubs manager Joe Maddon, two keen observers of their game who love to talk about it.

So it’s not too surprising that Hitchcock is pulling for the Cubs in the World Series.

“I really want the Cubs to win,” Hitchcock said Monday. “Nothing against Cleveland. I like it http://www.stlbluesfanatics.com/carter-hutton-jersey-c-31.html, I’ve been there before, but we all met Joe Maddon and I’m personally hoping the Cubs win.”

So why is Hitchcock intrigued by the Cubs’ manager?

“Because he never talks about a player’s skill level,” he said. “He talks about the character and the personality of the player. I find that amazing. We sat down and had breakfast twice and he never once mentioned the player’s skill level. I thought that’s pretty impressive.”

So is that something Hitchcock might try?

“I’m not going to go that far,” he said. “Maybe he can learn something from me. It was interesting. He talked about what type of person the player was and the kind of competitor http://www.stlbluesfanatics.com/patrik-berglund-jersey-c-1.html, he never talked about the skill set. Even the second baseman, all he talked about was what a good person he was and what a high level of character he had. It’s interesting watching that team now.”

They both also are fighting history. Maddon could be the manager who brings a World Series title to the Cubs for the first time since 1908, while Hitchcock is trying to bring a Stanley Cup to the Blues for the first time — ever.

“You don’t think like that because you’re not part of the history,” Hitchcock said. “You’re just trying to win games. You’re trying to get to the next level. To me it’s all about getting to the next level. It’s so much different in hockey because everybody’s the same. Ninety percent of us are salary cap teams, so there’s so many other factors that go into it, and so much luck. Luck of health, luck of the draw, luck of winning in overtime, you need a lot of things to go right in order to win in the National Hockey League. And even saying that you may not get there at the end.

“It’s interesting in baseball, when we talked to him last year he knew how good his team was and he knew how good it was going to be and for how long it was going to be good and he predicted this way back when we were in the playoffs against the ’Hawks that they were going to be good for an extended period of time because their best players were together.”

INJURY UPDATES
Jori Lehtera skated on his own “for an extended period of time” Monday morning, the first step toward a return to the lineup. Hitchcock said the center still is considered day to day and will be re evaluated Tuesday.

Forward Dmitrij Jaskin did not take part in practice Monday. Hitchcock said he had a lower body injury. He said Jaskin could play Tuesday, against Calgary.

With Jaskin not at practice, Magnus Paajarvi and Ty Rattie took turns on the left wing of Patrik Berglund’s line.

TARASENKO HONORED
Blues forward Vladimir Tarasenko has been chosen as the Missouri Athletic Club’s sports personality of the year. He will be honored at the MAC’s Jack Buck Sports Awards on Dec. 5.

Tarasenko’s 40 goals were fourth most in the NHL last season and helped the Blues reach the Western Conference finals for the first time since 2001.

“It’s more about the Blues’ organization and my teammates Kevin Shattenkirk Jersey,” he said. “Without them, I cannot get this award. My family and I are really proud to be recognized like this.”

The award, established by sportscaster Jack Buck in 1970 to honor the top St. Louis sports figure, is voted on by members of the MAC. Tarasenko is the seventh Blues player to win the award, following Mike Liut 1981 , Brett Hull 1990 , Curtis Joseph 1993 , Brendan Shanahan 1995 , Al MacInnis 1999 and T.J. Oshie 2014 .

“It’s really good stuff Jake Allen Jersey, especially for me as you find out people love you and the city and have this much respect for you,” Tarasenko said. “It’s making me keep working even harder to make them excited even more.”
Takaisin alkuun
Näytä käyttäjän tiedot Lähetä yksityinen viesti
Näytä edelliset viestit:   
Lähetä uusi viesti   Vastaa viestiin   
Näytä edellinen aihe
Näytä seuraava aihe
Kirpputori.net Foorumin päävalikko
Sivu 1 Yht. 1
Siirry:  
Et voi kirjoittaa uusia viestejä tässä foorumissa
Et voi vastata viesteihin tässä foorumissa
Et voi muokata viestejäsi tässä foorumissa